1 July 2004: At the meeting of the World Heritage Committee held in Suzhou (China) decides unanimously registration of Madriu-Perafita-Claror (VMPC) in the list of World Heritage Sites within the cultural landscape.
27 October 2005: the VMPC is declared of cultural interest of Andorra. It is therefore protected by the Law on Cultural Heritage of Andorra.
28 December 2011: approving the management plan for the VMPC, in order to set clear objectives and plan the actions necessary to achieve them.
The Management Committee is the principal management body Valley. It is formed by the consuls of Encamp, Andorra la Vella, Sant Julià de Lòria and Escaldes-Engordany. Each common maintains its jurisdiction over the portion of territory, but interventions in the valley are decided by unanimity of the four members of the Management Committee. And any intervention is required and mandatory report of the Ministry of Culture.
The Management Committee is advised by an Advisory Council.
Recall that UNESCO does not have any jurisdiction over the valley. UNESCO rules only brand has continued to maintain a well in the World Heritage List, which basically are the protection and conservation of the property inscribed on the list. Regularly, the State has the obligation to inform the World Heritage Committee on the state of conservation of the property, which assesses and decides the state of permanence or not well within the list.
The management body comprises:
The members of the management fee for the year 2015-2019 are:
– The senior consul of Encamp, Hon. Mr. Jordi Torres Arauz.
– The senior consul of Andorra la Vella, Hon. Sra. Conchita Marsol Riart.
– The senior consul of Sant Julià de Lòria, Hon. Mr. Josep Miquel Vila Bastida.
– The senior consul of Escaldes-Engordany, Hon. Sra. Trinidad González Marín.
The Advisory Board members are:
– Minister of Culture, M.I. Sra. Olga Fàbrega Gelabert (for the year 2015 to 2019).
– Representative of the association of private owners of the Madriu, Sra. Meritxell Font Vilaginés.
– Representative of associations dedicated to protecting nature, Sr. Carlos Iriarte Fraga.
– Secretary General of the Andorran National Commission for UNESCO, Mr. Jean Michel Armengol.
The Acting Director of the Management Plan is Ms. Susanna Simon Torralba.